Pages

Monday, March 04, 2013

Tyler Perry Madea Gets Job


Yesterday I watched the latest play by Tyler Perry, "Madea Gets a Job".   Let me tell you, I wasn't disappointed.  Tyler Perry's plays are hilarious, but they always touch on social issues that most people struggle with.  I laughed, I cried and I prayed.

The play takes place in a nursing home.  We learn about each patient's family, their relationships with each other and with the staff.  Touching on subjects like adultery within the Church is often taboo.  Tyler Perry
addresses it and explains it in the best way possible, with the Word of God.

In a fast paced, consumer driven society that runs the rat race to buy bigger McMansions to house their McHDTVS, the wise elders of our families become an after thought.

Visiting senior citizens at a nearby nursing home with my 11 yr old autistic son, 14 yr old and 19 yr old daughters I see the sadness that many of the residents feel.  They feel forgotten, useless and sometimes abandoned.  Watching this movie reminded me of some of the elderly women that shared their stories of their
"busy" children with me.  Yes, just like in the movie, some families must put their elderly parent in a home because they need extra care due to poor mobility, Alzheiner's or dementia. All of the different situations are seen here, from both sides of the fence.

If you want to laugh out loud, pick up the Madea Gets a Job on DVD, Blu Ray disc or rent it on Amazon to stream it from your pc or game console.  You will not regret it!

No comments: